Okay, first of all, happy new year.
Now on to the good stuff.
While it is not ready for release, I have made progress on the next set of tweaks.
It started out as a way of adding an include function for selden.
Along the way however, I found that enumfiles, the handler for dynamically loaded content in the extras directories, handled things chaotically.
It read the directory, loading the file as it got them, or branching immediately, with as much chaos and randomness in loading order as you would expect.
I altered enumfiles so that it makes a list if files and subdirectories.
Then it sorts both lists case insensitive.
Loading the files in alphabetical order before moving on to subdirectories, which it also handles in alphabetical order as well.
The result is that loading order no longer depends on anything except names.
Still have not gotten that item on selden’s wishlist done, but this helps a great deal since it stabilizes loading.
The next step is another glitch I found while playing with Celestia-Origin.
Certain files are expected, and things cannot proceed without them.
I am going to fix those so that loading can be completely customized from the cfg.
After that, I will start in on selden’s wishlist again.